Saturday, October 18, 2008

Dan Wilson


When I was in University the hottest band on the college circuit was the Minneapolis band Trip Shakespeare. When my sister and I watched the awesome Dixie Chicks movie Shut up and Sing she recognized a songwriter who was helping the Chicks as Dan Wilson, former member of TS. Turns out my favorite wrote some of theirs were written by him.

Fast forward to my airplane ride last week where Minneapolis artists were featured on the airline's audio program. Dan Wilson's latest album was one of the selections and I instantly loved it. I listed to it 3 times on the airplane and downloaded it from iTunes my first morning in Decorah. I have been listening to it almost nonstop ever since. Click here to see him perform the title track, Free Life. {the best video is from VH1 and they don't seem to let us post their videos directly to a blog}

No comments: