Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Enough Already

I understand Obama feeling like he has to move to the center. {I understand even though I don't even think it is politically smart.} However why the F#$% he thinks insulting MoveOn is a good move is beyond me. Why kick your more enthusiastic supporters? Does he not understand who it is out here that keep sending him $25 checks?

Politically, I think it is amazingly dumb. It hurts the "brand" of MoveOn which hurts all progressives.

I am not the only pissed one. Here is the very influential Kos {and a huge Obama booster during the primary} last night:

It looks like Obama is gun-shy after sticking by Jeremiah Wright. Now, he can't move quickly enough to denounce his own allies. So he's cross at Wes Clark, and he's mighty cross at MoveOn as well! Who else will he be cross with as he kicks off "Operation Piss Off the People Supporting and Bankrolling His Campaign In Order To Prove He Hates the Dirty Fucking Hippies". Now that the primary is over, he can turn his back on the people that brought him.

I was going to max out to him today, given I haven't given Obama a dime yet (focusing on congressional candidates). But I changed my mind. He wants to send the message that he doesn't need us, all the power to him. Message received. I'll spend that $2,300 somewhere else.

3 comments:

ma otter said...

did you hear all the wesley clark hubub...I can't believe that it isn't just common sense that "being a vietnam vet does not qualify you to be president"...thats just such a benign statement...and obama is playing politics by saying clark was outta line. Come on. This is not what I would expect from him.
that and a whole lot of other centrist positions that scare the hell out of me.
yikes.

Anonymous said...

Here's the lead from an Op/Ed in the WSJ today:

We're beginning to understand why Barack Obama keeps protesting so vigorously against the prospect of "George Bush's third term." Maybe he's worried that someone will notice that he's the candidate who's running for it.

lydiafdc said...

WTF, Obama??!!