Thursday, June 26, 2008

What's Rudolf Gonna Do?

I am no Climatologist, but this can not be good:

It seems unthinkable, but for the first time in human history, ice is on course to disappear entirely from the North Pole this year.

Farther down in the article from the Independent, Dick Cheney starts hyperventilating (I was going to write, "gets a boner", but I thought it might be a bit crass - plus my mother reads this blog):
If it happens, it raises the prospect of the Arctic nations being able to exploit the valuable oil and mineral deposits below these a bed which have until now been impossible to extract because of the thick sea ice above.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gotta ask: Why blur the faces of the other kids on that ride in your banner image?

Lauren said...

I know I could have done a better job - we were at a birthday party of a good friend of our kids who goes to a different school. I don't really know those kids or their parents and I didn't know if their parents would be OK with having their photos up - as you know some pjavascript:void(0)eople have those kind of issues. : }