Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Speaking of Secret Boyfriends...


My other secret boyfriends was interviewed on Travis Smiley:

"The screenwriter, James Strouse, had approached my company and I had been looking for a story, a human drama to tell about the Iraq conflict," said Cusack. "It stemmed from a place of outrage for me when the Bush administration banned the photos of the dead coming home." That directive, ordered in 2003 at Dover Air Force Base, was technically on the books prior to Bush's presidency, but was seldom enforced.

"I thought that was one of the most cowardly political acts I'd seen in my lifetime, in some ways" the actor said. "So I thought, we have to tell the story of one of those coffins coming home, right? It seemed clear that would be a really smart thing to do."

10 comments:

Amy said...

Hey..he is my secret boyfriend to !! Love the interview ! He speaks the truth...

Anonymous said...

great man/actor. I felt that outrage too that he was talking about.

lydiafdc said...

Been a love of mine too ever since "Better off Dead"...I still love him/that movie.

dkuroiwa said...

HEY! He is MY secret boyfriend too!!! I love him!!! I know it's a sappy movie, but I just love "Serendipity"....aaaaahhhhh.....And it's so good to know that he's smart too!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, hey... That's my secret boyfriend too!!!!
.....upsss, probably, I should not be writing this comment.... !!!

daleth said...

I'm sorry, but I prefer Keanu Reeves (I'm writing this, before I read the post,thoug).
AND YES PEPE! you shouldn't be writing that.
La esposa furíca

Anonymous said...

Whats the deal about watching cofins coming back? Who wants to see that? The guy is a sissy and not that great actor hahahaha
Edu

Deb Abramson said...

Apparently, he is the secret boyfriend of many, many women, including me. What is it about him?

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

Note to "Edu" impersonator - although I his wife fell for it - Eduardo just told me that he didn't write it. For one thing he like a typical Mexican normally would write "Ja Ja Ja".

On the other hand he really does think that guy is a sissy! {however not the coffin remark.}

{due to a horrendous spelling error I am reposting this comment}