Sunday, September 09, 2007

Are you F#$^ing kidding me?

You think I am going to give you ass clowns money?!, Do I look like an ATM machine?

Phone conversation from about 2 minutes ago:

Woman: Hello Ms. Macdonald?
Me: Yes
Woman: Good Afternoon, I am calling from the Democratic Congressional Cam---
Me: {interrupting} There is NO way I am giving a cent to the Democratic Congressional anything right now. Please write on your comment sheet that when they stop being wimps and actually act like they want us out of Iraq-
Woman: Well you know what happened with that right? Bush vetoes everything.
Me: I don't care. I really don't care. Send him it over and over let him veto it over and over. But when I see the headline in the paper is the Democratic leaders are willing to COMPROMISE with the Republicans about Iraq it makes me livid. Last November was so great - I feel totally betrayed by the Democratic leaders.
Woman: Ouch my ears. {I am not making that up - she must have some really sensitive ear drums because my voice was hardly raised.}
Me: Sorry If I hurt you, I know that this is not your fault, but I hope that enough of us make a fuss the leaders of OUR party will finally understand that the base is pissed.
Woman: OK, have a nice afternoon. Click.

It was unfortunate for her that earlier in the day I read this written by Atrios:
In more general terms, the stark inability of Democrats to think 6 or 12 months ahead on the issue has been revolting. Waiting for the ponies, or president Bush to come around, or the ISG to save the universe, or sensible Republicans to do the right thing has always been their strategy. But should have always assumed the obvious, that 6 or 12 months from now there would be no ponies, no sensible Republicans, and no wise old men of Washington to save the day. September is here, nothing will change... and these people appear to actually be surprised by this.

No comments: