Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Murtha Says He Will be the Next House Majority Leader













That is what he told Chris Matthews, read all about it- and check out the video over at Crooks and Liars .

Steve Gillard has the best explanation why Murtha needs to win (even with a few "earmark" question marks...) I love Steve's argument. Yes! this is about Iraq and how outrageous it is. Murtha deserves a lot of credit, he turned around the rhetoric and made it OK for Democrats to talk about leaving. The GOP tried to make him seem like a sissy- but unlike Kerry he doesn't look the part. I mean look at the guy- he eats plenty of red meat that is for sure. Here is what Steve has to say:

CREW is worried about earmarks, I'm worried about dead and wounded GI's. I can see their point, I just don't give a shit about it.

If they want to worry about earmarks, fine. But to me, I am sick and fucking tired of seeing teenagers getting their skulls replaced and learning to walk on artificial legs. I'm tired of PTSD stories from kids who aren't old enough to rent a car. I am tired of seeing grieving parents collapsing at their teenager's grave side.

If making Jack Murtha majority leader will make that clear, to Bush if no one else, that the priority is Iraq, and that the war MUST end, then I'm for Murtha or anyone else who can make that happen.

I think CREW's report is designed to help their backstabbing buddy Hoyer. Hoyer has repeatedly undermined Pelosi. So now he gets rewarded? Election reform is important, but so are armless 19 year olds.

But that isn't the issue. It is the wounded and dead in Iraq. We may not be able to help the Iraqis for years, but we can get out of their country.

It's really quite simple, if you want to help end the war, e-mail your Congressman and ask them to support Murtha, not Hoyer. And when both sides start dragging up votes, ask what they really mean.

Because Hoyer is the DLC candidate and they don't really care about Iraq, their kids aren't fighting there.

What I wonder is what scares them so much about Murtha that Hoyer has to seek to use his friends to tear him down.

No comments: