Saturday, November 11, 2006

I Heart Howard Dean Too

This is a great article by one of my favorite political writers, Joe Conason, about how this election proves what a political stud Howard Dean is. (you need to watch a short ad first)

James Carville is a total wanker- he hates Dean and his "people powered" politics. He is part of the political elite and doesn't like people outside of the beltway thinking that they have a role.

Some big name Democrats want to oust DNC Chairman Howard Dean, arguing that his stubborn commitment to the 50-state strategy and his stinginess with funds for House races cost the Democrats several pickup opportunities.

The candidate being floated to replace Dean? Harold Ford.

Says James Carville, one of the anti-Deaniacs, "Suppose Harold Ford became chairman of the DNC? How much more money do you think we could raise? Just think of the difference it could make in one day. Now probably Harold Ford wants to stay in Tennessee. I just appointed myself his campaign manager."

If he thinks he can force Dean out of the top DNC job he is crazy.

UPDATE: Chuck Shumer is also jumped on the bash Dean bandwagon.

UPDATE II: Before Eduardo beats me to this in the comments- yes I WAS WRONG TO DECIDE TO DUMP DEAN FOR KERRY THE DAY BEFORE THE IOWA CAUCUS. I was a fool. Smarter people like Sam, Dana and Eduardo are to be commended.

No comments: